The Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Visakhapatnam on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, in presence of Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu and Minister for HRD Ganta Srinivas Rao.
The MoU envisages implementation of programme activities of ‘Andhra Pradesh University Students Skill Development Programme,’ a flagship initiative of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
The MoU constitutes strategic partnerships with civil society organisations, public sector bodies, private sector institutions and social entrepreneurship organisations, etc., to complement the efforts of the AP State Knowledge Mission, and accelerate its progress for achievement of the Mission objectives.
A comprehensive skill development model has been developed that will have elements of English communication and Soft Skill, Digital/Computer Skills, Analytical Skills, Financial Literacy, Legal Literacy, Entrepreneurship, Leadership development and will also add on a specialization in a specific domain to make the graduating youth employable.
The programme will be carried out through Jawahar Knowledge Centres (JKC) across the state and will also include some of the best courses and practices from National University students Skill Development Programme.
Main Objectives of the MoU With TISS
1. To ensure significant, measurable increase in employment potential of students studying in universities and degree colleges in AP.
2. To form collaboration with higher institutes and industries for implementing the Employability Skill Development programme
3. To design curriculum by identifying local industrial needs to develop employable skills of the youth in colleges, particularly for rural SC and ST youth.
4. To participate in developing a broader framework for assessment of technical education and engineering education to enhance the quality
5. To strategically implement through advisory role as well as participate in monitoring and evaluation to suggest the mid-course corrections during the strategy implementation.
6. To assist in capacity development strategy and train master trainers in different skill sectors.
7. To facilitate linkages with Higher Education institutes to AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) at state level and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) at national level.
During the three year graduation period, students can earn a:
• Certificate in Management and Soft Skills- On completion of 1st Year
• Certificate in Domain- On completion of 2nd Year
• Diploma- On completion of 3rd Year
The Certificate programme and the diploma provided by TISS for this programme is approved by the Academic Council of TISS and is highly recognized by the industry.
Source – AP CMO