CM Reaches out via social media to explain the 10 reasons why AP needs Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme
1. The Polavaram Headworks are in progress and about 11% of works are completed so far. Only 5% of the Dam works have been completed.
2. Even though the State Government is determined to complete the Headworks including Canal system within 4 years, certain major issues such as inter-state matters with Odisha and Chattisgarh, court cases, Rescue & Rehabilitation issues have to be resolved to stick on to the target date.
3. Every year about 3,000 TMC of Godavari water is draining into Sea during the monsoon season.
4. In order to reap early benefits pending completion of Polavaram, headworks, the government has sanctioned the Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme to lift 8,500 cusecs of water from river Godavari into Polavaram Right Main Canal during the monsoon season, when there is surplus water over the SACB Barrage.
5. River-linking: The water will be lifted into the Polavaram Right Main Canal and through Right Main Canal the Godavari water will be diverted into Krishna River above Prakasam Barrage.
6. The reason for taking up the project on war-footing basis was to save backward region of Rayalaseema from drought conditions.
7. We can do an irrigation of 1.20 lakh acres in Krishna and West Godavari Districts. Further, about 10 TMC of water is to be supplied for domestic and Industrial use in West Godavari and Krishna
8. The river-linking facilitates in raising early seed beds in Krishna Delta and stabilizes the Krishna Delta ayacut.
9. The Krishna water thus saved in Krishna Delta due to augmentation from Godavari River can be retained in the Srisailam Reservoir.
10. The water so retained in Srisailam Reservoir can be utilized for the surplus water-based Projects of Rayalaseema – Handri Neeva Sujala Sravanthi (HNSS), Gaaleru Nagari Sujala Sravanthi (GNSS), Telugu Ganga and irrigation, drinking water and industrial water needs of the Rayalaseema Region can be met.
Source – AP CMO