Essential oils have amazing healing powers, which is why people these days consider Aromatherapy as a great alternative therapy choice. These oils which are extracted from flowers and other plants can help in reducing anxiety, enhance mood and even cure certain aches and pains.
However, you really don’t need to book an appointment to enjoy Aromatherapy. You can do this at home. But you will have to learn the benefits of the oils so that you can pick the right one for an effective Aromatherapy session at home.
Here is how you can use the essential oils for at home Aromatherapy.
- Adding a few drops of Bergamot oil to a diffuser can help in reducing stress.
- A cotton pad or tissue dipped in Peppermint oil when placed in the bedroom can work wonders for your mood and your sex drive.
- Lemon or eucalyptus oil when used for steam inhalation can help in treating respiratory and sinus problems.
- Topical Uses
- Add 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil in your bath water. Taking a bath in this will help in soothing your nerves and treating any anxiety or stress. Soaking in this water before bedtime can help in curing insomnia.
- Essential oils can be used for massaging your skin. However, make sure to diffuse them with carrier oil like almond oil. Lavender oil massage can have a soothing effect on you.
- Mixing the right essential oil to your moisturizer can work wonders for your skin. Mix about 5-6 drops of the oil to an ounce of your moisturizer. Use this to massage your skin. Sandalwood oil is one of the best choices for this treatment as it not only gives your skin a glow but also has a soothing effect on your senses
So, the next time you are in a mood for a session of Aromatherapy, just try it at home.