Most of you will agree that Daddojanam carries amazing taste. Easy to make and great to have, Daddojanam has been a soul food and a rescue dish, particular to those who live away from home. Typically served as a Prasadam during important festivals, Daddojanam is also great for health, due to the goodness of curd.
Express Daddojanam recipe is for curd rice lovers all over the world who would love some zing added to it. Here is a quick recipe from our end.
Prep Time – 20 Min
Rice : 75grams (3/4th Cup (100ml Cup)
Chikkati Perugu (Fresh Curd Made From Whole Milk) : 500ml
Milk – 125 Ml (Optional – Can do without it)
Allam (Ginger) : 1/4″Piece
Pachimirapa (Green Chilies) : 5
Karivepaku (Curry Leaves) : Few
Jeelakarra (Cumin Seeds) : 1/2 tsp
Senagapappu (Bengal Gram) : 2 tsp
Minapappu (Urad Dal) : 2 tsp
Aavalu (Mustard Seeds) : 1 tsp
Endumirapa (Red Chilly) : 2
Miriyalu (Black Pepper) : Little
Salt : To Taste
Oil : 2 tsp
- Take 75 grams rice (properly washed) in a bowl. For 1 Cup of Rice add 1 3/4th Cup water. Let it cook in a pressure cooker
- Let the cooked rice cool down a bit. Then add fresh curd and the required salt. Set this aside.
- Heat oil, add Bengal Gram, Red chillies, Urad Dal, Mustard Seeds, Curry leaves and fry in a medium flame
- Add Ginger pieces and Green Chillies. Let them fry for a minute.
- Add luke warm boiled Milk to the curd rice
- Mix Curd rice to the above fried Talimpu and also add fried Black Pepper (fried in 1/2 tsp ghee)
Note : If you dont like Chillies and Ginger pieces, they can be blended together with little Cumin seeds and the paste can be added to curd rice.
Enjoy The Divine Daddojanam!!