Corn Vada is relished by a majority of food lovers in India. And if you are a South Indian and that too an Andhraite, you simply cannot miss Corn Vada made in Andhra style. This delicious crispy recipe is a perfect add on as an evening snack as well as breakfast if you will.
Corn Vada is also a great favorite of children. Bengal gram plays a major role in this Andhra recipe that gets all the zing from other ingredients such as coriander, green chilies, onion and ginger. You can also customise the Vada with other green veggies to add more nutrition.
Let us take a look at an instant recipe for Andhra Style Corn Vada
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup plus 1/4th cup
Bengal Gram – Half cup soaked in water for 1 hour
Onions – 1, finely chopped
Green Chilies – 2 to 3 depending on spice levels
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – a bunch
1. Take 1 cup sweet corn kernels and grind them along with soaked gram. Ensure the paste is coarsely ground and not finely (for better effect)
2. Add chopped ginger, green chilies, 1/4 cup of corn kernels, onions, coriander leaves, cumin seeds and salt to the ground paste. Mix finely.
3. Make small lemon sized balls with the mixture. Flatten the balls to make them into patties. You can add some corn flour to the mixture. Keep the patties in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes
4. Heat oil to deep fry. Start frying the patties in the oil, slowly reducing the flame to medium
5. Fry well on both sides till golden brown
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney