Think of Eastern Andhra and you cannot but laurel about the tasty sea food. Andhraites absolutely love to indulge in shrimps, fish and lobsters. Some of the recipes that originated from the parts of Vizag and East Godavari went on to become standing inspiration, creating global cuisines.
Andhra crab curry is quite popular for two things – flavors and presentation. You have to simple try this recipe at home and satiate those redundant cravings.
Here is the absolutely simple recipe that can be made in minutes. Go on and try at home quickly.
ANDHRA CRAB CURRY INGREDIENTS:
* Cleaned and quartered crabs – 1/2 Kg
* Chopped onions: 1 cup – made into a paste
* Green chilies : 4 finely chopped
* Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tablespoons
* Chili powder : 2 Tablespoons (reduce to 11/2 if it is too spicy)
* Coriander powder : 1 tablespoon
* Poppy seeds: 1 Tablespoon ( dry roasted and made into powder)
* Fresh grated coconut: 1/4 cup
* Tamarind paste : 1 tablespoon
* Garlic pods: 2 * Oil : 4 tablespoons
* Salt to taste
* Few fresh coriander (Dhania) leaves
Heat the oil in a pan. Add ground onion paste and chopped chillies. Let them fry till the oil separates. Add the ginger garlic paste. Fry the mixture till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste is gone. Now add Chilli powder, and half of Dhania powder. Fry it well and add salt. Take the poppy seed powder and coconut. Make them into fine paste using water. – Add this to the pan – add little water and make a sauce – Now add tamarind paste and mix the ingredients well.
Add a cleaned crab to the sauce. Cover the pan with lid and cook for 10 min till the crabs are finely cooked. Now grind the remaining coriander and garlic pods together. Sprinkle on the cooked crab curry.
Mix well and garnish with coriander leavers
Contrubutor – Ajitha Kolla