CM Sri N Chandrababu Naidu presided yesterday on the 4th meeting of Committee of CMs. The discussion was held with NITI and other important experts to brainstorm and chalk out an effective way forward to make digital payments accessible to every Indian.
Here are the action points arrived at the meeting
Hardware, connectivity, data infrastructure, Fin Tech concerns need to be addressed to make digital payments a mass movement, affirmed the AP CM
Things are moving very positively on a digital economy for India, said Mr Naidu, while leading the committee of CMs on digital payments at NITI Aayog
Two major breakthroughs using exiting infra are Aadhar Pay & modified versions of USSD and UPI to be launched soon – AP CM
– Our focus is on providing more incentives for making digital payments a mass movement: AP CM
– NITI Aayog has presented best practices and learning from other countries for a ensuring digital economy in India
– We are working with NITI Aayog to address the existing constraints in connectivity, hardware, tech infra to push digital payments: AP CM
– Incentives to users and subsidy for smartphones being contemplated to push digital payments across India – AP CM
– We’re planning the import of one million ePOS machines to enable digital payments across India: AP CM
– Committee of CM s led by Mr Naidu along with NITI Aayog to present interim report on digital payments movement to PM Narendra Modi in a week.