AP Govt’s latest approach falls in the likes of any leading technology giant – manage heavy chunks of administration by way of the Big Data concept. The practice has been lately very prevalent across the industries, generating accurate results and outcomes. Andhra Pradesh government has also joined the league, leveraging Big Data, setting the first example of how even the public sector can reform the state structure with the use of right technology.
What Has AP Govt done so far following the Big Data Concept?
The government has applied the basics of Big Data with the data of the citizens. The mission is to accomplish organized way of handling data with effectiveness and simplicity.
Here are some of the things that the government has in place:
– A repository of data of every citizen has been created
– Analysis has been made on the civil supplies data, wiping off the duplicate matter and saving Rs 700 Cr yearly with such a practice.
– Began state wide data analytics, intending to fix the otherwise largely neglected irregularities.
– Has directed all the district collectors to bring up Aadhar enrollments to 100 percent – this can be made easy with the use of Big Data.
– Has integrated the agriculture loan waiver with Aadhar Data
What are the Long Run Plans of the AP Govt with Big Data in Place?
The government of Andhra Pradesh may well be on its way to set an example to other states with the use of Big Data. The long term goals of the governance with Big Data in place are as follow:
– Increased robust cyber security, applying the advanced technologies like SMAC.
– Improved decision making in a transparent and accessible manner, not to forget accurate.
– Streamlined, improved execution of the various applications that will be run by the government
– Fair involvement of citizens in the government processes
– Cost saving mechanism that also yields value creation.