Amaravati City, Now Just Three Months Away!!

Written by
The wait for the capital city of AP is on its final lap.

The wait for the capital city of AP is on its final lap. It is being presumed that the state capital of Amaravati will finally start taking shape within the next three months. According to the Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA), Sreedhar Cherukuri, the designs for the city have already been created with 55% of the area being dedicated to the water bodies while the remaining 45% being attributed for buildings and other infrastructure. The official who met the London architects responsible for the designing of Amaravati said that constructions of buildings in the main center of the state capital will begin in three months time.

Sreedhar added that a final presentation of the designs for the capital city will be done by architects, following which they will start welcoming contractors to bid for the construction project. It is believed that the designs of the government complexes, which will include the legislative assembly, high court council court and the secretariat, will be submitted by Fosters and Partner within a few days time.

The government of Andhra Pradesh has allocated a whopping 1691 acres of land for the construction of the state capital with an idea of making it a part of the nine theme cities of AP. According to reports, the first phase of the work will begin with the construction of a tower spanning across eight lakh square feet that will be home to corporate houses, startups as well as IT companies. As far as the health city is concerned, the construction of Amrita Medical University has already begun while next month will see the laying of the foundation stone of Indo-UK Hospital.

APCRDA will also sign a MoU with an association of Singaporean companies to construct a financial city in the state. I Easwaran, the Singapore Minister is arriving in Amaravati today with a delegation of 70 entrepreneurs to finalize the deal.

With a view of creating an education city in the state, construction is underway for the campuses of SRM University and Vellore Institute of Technology University. It is believed that students can enroll for the academic year 2017-2018. The education city will also be home to the National Institute of Design within the next ten months. The institute has already begun its operations at a different facility and will shift to the city once the campus is ready.

According to Sreedhar, hopes are high that once the construction of Amaravati is completed, it will be at par with all the other state capitals while also setting a benchmark as a sustainable and well planned city at the global level. He added that they are counting on a resident population of 3.5-4 lakhs by the year 2019.

Comments

comments

Article Categories:
Anything Everything
Menu Title